BASL has appointed De Montfort University as its Education Partner and Host University. BASL and DMU have for a number of years worked together in the delivery of the BASL DMU Postgraduate Certificate in Sports Law. The course involves face to face teaching by BASL expert sports law practitioners at their offices in the City of London.
September 2018 sees the start of the ninth year of running of Leicester De Montfort Law School’s London based Post Graduate Certificate in Sports Law and Practice.
Key features of the course include:
- – Study over a period of 12 months
- – Evening lectures at London venues delivered by leading practitioners and academic sports lawyers
- – No examinations – assessed by coursework
- – Award from De Montfort Univesity Leicester
- – Potential for CPD accrediation
Topics covered include:
- – Sports Governing Bodies
- – The Sports Disciplinary Process
- – Foundations of Sport and Ethics: Doping Control
- – Foundations of Commercial Aspects of Sport: Sports Rights
- – Competition Act and EU Treaty
- – Anti-Discrimiantion Laws
- – Human Rights Act
- – Data Protection Regulation
For further details of the BASL DMU Postgraduate Certificate in Sports Law see
And for the distance learning LLM in Sports Law & Practice offered by DMU see http://www.dmu.ac.uk/study/courses/postgraduate-courses/sports-law-llm-degree-distance-learning/sports-law-llm-distance-learning.aspx
The brochure for academic year 2018/19 can be found here.
BASL also operates a Bursary Award Scheme details of which may be found here. Details of the Bursary scheme for academic year 2018/19 can be found here, and the application form for the 2018/19 Bursary can be found here.
BASL Journal – Library Archive
Please click on any of the links below to access archive issues of the BASL Journal dating back to 2001. These will open up as PDFs in a new window.